Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 and Change is in the Air

2014 is here, and the new year will bring us so many changes. First, and most obvious, I am recommitting myself to this here blog. Sad to say, it has been too long since I have posted. With that change, I have updated the look and name and template (more updates to come), and I have written a list of goals to include regular postings and updates of both my crafting life and personal life.

2014 also brings about the 18th birthday of our eldest son, which leads then to graduation from high school and then the transition to college. He seems ready, certainly more so than me. I keep telling myself that this is my ultimate goal for my sons -- a happy, successful, independent life. One of these days I might start believing it. :)

Here's a photograph of my sons that was taken by my cousin, Meri of MeriBella Photography. She is uber-talented! We used this image in our Christmas cards.



2014 also marks the arrival of the newest addition to the family, my first great-niece! She is due to arrive in July, born to my oldest nephew and his beautiful bride. Finally! a little girl to crochet for! I already have a small list of items to make, and an order of yarn on the way!

And speaking of yarn, 2014 is the year of the stash-bust! That means I vow to purchase no more yarn until I use up a great deal of what I have already.


No, really, I'm not kidding...

Happy 2014 to all! May it be a prosperous, productive, and healthy New Year for you and your families!

No comments: