Monday, October 31, 2011

The Difference $1.19 Makes

After finally buckling down (and gluing for what seemed like days), I finished the Great Grey Owl costume. Just in time for the Halloween party last Saturday night. Well, actually, we were an hour late. We would have been even later, but I 'edited' the costume and saved myself loads of time and burnt fingers by cutting off the sleeves. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. :)

I probably would have had more time if I hadn't made the hat twice. Why twice? The first version was 'ok'....

but to me, it wasn't 'owly' enough. So I dug through my stash and discovered this lost treasure:


 It's a super-thin fuzzy yarn that added the perfect amount of texture to the original yarn. Not bad for $1.19!

Here's the finished beanie with the owl's facial features:

And my inspiration, a truly gorgeous creature:


I have to reshoot photos of the entire costume. My model has already gone to bed.

No comments: