Sunday, January 5, 2014

Some Recent Projects

My favorite holidays to stitch for are Halloween and Christmas. I love a handmade touch to Halloween costumes!

This past year, my youngest son wanted to be a ghost. Easy peasy! White shirt and sweatpants plus a large square of white tulle with the finishing touch of a crocheted ghosty hat!


My 12yo wanted to be Calvin from the Calvin and Hobbes comic strip. The hardest part was figuring out how to make his hair yellow. The yellow hair paint did not change his dark hair color all that much, but we went with it. And to complete his costume, I crocheted a Hobbes tiger, courtesy of the free pattern by sukigirl. He loved it!

Here are some work-in-progress photos of Hobbes:


For me, I made this adorable little skull with a bow which I sewed on to a lime green t-shirt.


The yarn I used was a limited-production glow-in-the-dark fiber from Bernat that I bought years ago. It was perfect for this project!


No comments: