Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Special Request!

I often make special requests for friends and family that don't make it to Etsy, so I'd like to share a recent one.

Eight months ago, one of my best friends gave births to twins, a boy and a girl. For her baby shower, I crocheted little caps out of the softest bamboo yarn, one blue and one pink, of course. Everyone loved the softness of the bamboo (which, if you have never felt it, you would not guess came from a tree!)

After the babies were born, my friend called me to say she wanted me to make blankets for the twins out of the bamboo yarn. I delivered the blankets yesterday. The twins both loved their cuddly softness and fell asleep clutching them. (My heart sang!)

Here is Gabriella's:


And this one is Aiden's:


Sweet dreams always, little ones!

1 comment:

Tricia ~~ Handmade Whimzy said...

Those are gorgeous Liz!!! What lucky babies. I LOVE bamboo! Bamboo sheets are the softest ever.