Friday, February 25, 2011

Color Inspirations

I think I've always been drawn to color. I still have my box of crayons from kindergarten. (Notice the colored "tracks" behind what's left of the crayons. Each color had its own space.)



I recently bought some Lily Sugar n Cream cotton yarn in (hard-to-find) spectacular colors!


(^clockwise from top left: Quilt Colors, Oriental Ochre, Weathered Rose, Bronze Blue)
(^Ume Blossom, Leaf, Lotus Blossom)
(^Chrysanthemums, Robin's Egg, Temari Balls)
(^Plum, Snow Blossom, Velvet Orchid)

(^Crown Jewels, Damask Ombre, Emerald Isle -- in huge 12oz. balls!)
Can't wait to share what I'll be making with these new colors. Right now I'm thinking scrubbies, anything cups, market bags, and lip balm holders. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Milly said...

What gorgeous colors!!! Can't wait to see what they become!

Tricia ~~ Handmade Whimzy said...

Pretty colors!