Saturday, July 5, 2008

Karma or How to Get on the Etsy Front Page Twice in One Day!

With the 4th of July holiday approaching, I decided to curate an Etsy Treasury featuring the good ol' stars and stripes. So I searched Etsy for "flag" and picked 16 awesome items. Here's my tribute to Old Glory:

(The four shaded items on the right side are alternates, but all of them spent some time in the featured spaces.)

I was hoping and hoping this treasury would catch Admin's eyes and be featured on Etsy's Front Page for the 4th. Alas, that didn't happen. :(

So being just a little bummed out, I clicked on the Etsy Front Page and saw myself!


This was about 7pm Friday. So exciting! This was only the second time that one of my items was on the Front Page (as far as I know anyway). This was a red, white, and blue treasury curated by my friend Odannysgirl. And another friend was also featured: elephantdreams! Her item, a gorgeous photo of white flowers that resemble fireworks, sold!

So I watched the traffic into my shop, thinking no one would be shopping on the 4th of July because everyone is out watching fireworks. Well, some people were looking at least, because my views for the red, white, and blue scrubbies went up by about 150.

So Admin changed the Front Page again, giving 12 other lucky people some great exposure, and I messed around in the Forums some, happy that at least I had a little moment in the spotlight. I clicked back to the Front Page about 11:30pm and there I was again!

This time, the treasury called Grounded was curated by thekeepershouse and featured my tape measure cozy in gold, sage, and tan. After a couple of hours (and another 150 views or so), 5 items including the featured tape measure cozy, sold!!!

Now I can't promise that you could have 2 items on the Front Page in one day if you make a fab flag treasury, but who knows? It could happen...

1 comment:

Cathie said...

oooh, you go girl! that's awesome! i am glad you caught both of those and scored some sales too!