Monday, June 9, 2014

One Reveal

Finally, after crocheting for a month while trying to keep this project under wraps, I am able to reveal the big secret (well, one of them anyway):

Chevrons!



This blanket was made for my best friend's daughter, who is graduating from high school this week and has been accepted to the University of Texas at San Antonio! I used Loops and Threads Impeccable yarn in navy, pumpkin, and white (UTSA's school colors), and I adapted the chevron pattern from Mamachee (wider and longer and different color changes). Yay, Jaclynn!

And speaking of graduations, my oldest is also graduating from high school this week. I made a wreath to celebrate this milestone:


His high school colors are red and white, and he will be attending the University of Houston in the fall. Luckily I'll be able to 'recycle' this wreath in 4 years since UH has the same school colors!

Congrats to Morgan and Jaclynn and all the other seniors in the class of 2014!
Go out and make your mark!

No comments: