Thursday, November 5, 2009

So Many Projects, Not Enough Time

I can't believe how quickly 2009 has slipped by! And now we're about seven weeks from Christmas! The list of gifts I want to make keeps growing. For sure, I have to finish DS3's bookbag -- he asked about it today. Oh, did I feel horrible when I had to tell him it still wasn't complete. Worse than that, I haven't touched it for weeks. :(

So completing the bookbag is Number One on my list.

Number Two is completing DS4's Christmas stocking. Several years ago (before DS4 was born), I crocheted Christmas stockings for DS1, DS2, DS3, DH, and myself. I like to decorate in non-traditional holiday colors, so I made the stockings in shades of blue and purple.


When DS4 was born, I knew there would come a day when I would have to make a stocking for him. No problem -- I found the worn free pattern that I had used originally, picked some more Lion Brand Homespun yarn, and starting crocheting last winter. Unfortunately, Christmas came and went before I could finish the stocking (don't worry, he got goodies from Santa in another, not handmade, stocking). He didn't even notice that his stocking was different. But this year, he's a year smarter and much, much more observant, so I must finish it! Number Two.

Number Three is a blanket my mom asked me to make for my sister. (No peeking, M!) I'm about 3/4 of the way complete. I love the color combination (a pretty pink and chocolate brown) -- she's going to be lucky to get it from me -- it's definitely a keeper!

So those three are my "must finish" items! Time permitting I want to make a scarf for my mom, hats for DS3 and DS4, and something from the exchange student my parents are hosting. I also have an awesome pattern for a man's vest, that hopefully will be under the tree for DH.

1 comment:

fabricartist21 said...

I love your crochet items but i am writing to you to find out how I can get in on the monthly Monday sales on Teametsytx. i thought I was a member but I am unable to sing up for November's $5.00 sale day.I get the teams notices and was told I was an official member a couple of weeks ago. Could you check on this for me amd lead me to the right link to do this.